Digital PR is a buzzword in the digital marketing world. Digital PR basically refers to the process of securing coverage in online media and connecting with influencers to build brand awareness and gain visibility through an online medium.
In this article, we will learn what comes under digital PR, types of digital PR, how it can help you earn money, and more.
What is Digital PR?
Digital PR is basically the concept of using traditional public relations techniques in a digital environment. It encompasses all activities in which a company or brand tries to build its reputation by using various digital channels to connect with influencers and journalists to secure coverage or get mentions on their blog or website.
That said, it is important to note that the objectives of digital PR are no different from those of traditional public relations. Digital PR also aims to improve the image of a brand by reaching out to potential customers and improving brand awareness among them.
The difference is that all activities take place online via a computer or other internet-enabled devices.
What comes under digital PR?
The objective of digital PR is to secure backlinks for your website. This can be done by getting your content published on third-party websites or by getting an influencer to promote your content.
You can boost your SEO by getting links from other websites, therefore improving your position on Google search results.
It’s about getting the right coverage for your business on relevant sites or publications, but it’s also about getting as much engagement as possible from that coverage – for example through social media shares or comments.
Digital PR can include text-based content such as articles and press releases, infographics, images, videos and podcasts.
What are examples of Digital PR in 2022?
In general, digital PR is about creating meaningful connections with your customers through content marketing and outreaching that content to various online outlets where it could potentially be featured as editorial content. This includes:
* Press releases – written articles published to news sites which outline important company updates (such as product releases) or events happening within an organisation.
* Guest Blogs – posts published on an external website which provide valuable information about something related to both the company and its industry; these are often written by guest bloggers who are experts at what they do.
* Content Updates to Business Blog: Creating interesting blogs and helpful articles to build authority in your industry from your site. This creates shareable content that 1000s of visitors can curate on their social channels or web sites thus giving your content and online shops more exposure. Useful content builds trust in visitors and if they trust you, they will buy from you.
* Social Media Marketing: Using platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to engage with influencers and potential customers
* Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Beyond the content updates and guest posts, you have learnt how to add target keywords into the articles i.e. the terms searched for on Google. Leveraging keywords in blog posts and onsite pages to rank higher on search engines like Google is the end result of your digital PR campaign.
* Link Building: Earning backlinks from reputable websites to improve site authority and rankings on search engines like Google is part of that end result and the top benefit gained.
It includes everything from web content and blogging to search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing, email marketing, influencer outreach, link-building and more.
To sum up, the benefits of digital PR include:
– Increased brand awareness.
– Better visibility in search engines (through increases in link popularity).
– More traffic to your site and other online properties.
So with that, you can see how digital PR methods can help you increase your brand exposure and reach your target audience.
“When people ask me what’s the ROI of Social, I ask them… what’s the ROI of Trust, and what’s the ROI of Loyalty. The answer, when used to build relationships the results will be… longer lifetime value of a customer, larger average order value, and increased frequency of purchase. All measurable and all lead to increased sales and profits.” – Ted Rubin
How can a Digital PR agency help?
A digital PR strategy can help you take your business to the next level. The digital PR agency would create strategies for content marketing, social media marketing and link building. This can be done by approaching content creators, reaching out to influencers on social media or creating backlinks to your site.
And doing the tasks that consume much of your valuable time so you can focus on your business.
A competent agency will ensure you have a clear, consistent message across platforms –whether it’s content marketing, SEO, social media or other digital PR initiatives—to reach new customers and engage existing ones.
With a digital PR strategy, you can achieve more sales and leads at a lower cost than other types of PR. Take a look at this budget calculator and estimate your marketing costs and plan out your marketing budget.
Your company will be seen as a thought leader in your industry and you’ll be able to build customer trust. People will see your website in search results, learn more about you, and potentially buy from you.