The best way to ensure that your content gets anywhere is to focus just as much on backlinks as you do on the content itself. Guest posting is one of the most dependable methods for obtaining those links.
In this post, we’ll show you the steps to securing a guest post. Let’s get into it.
How to Get Your Campaign Ready
It’s essential that you create content that will be quite helpful to people searching for the keyword you’re targeting if you wish to get to Google’s first page. For Google, this is the most crucial ranking factor.
With the help of a program called Brightlocal, you can find local search results. Then look at where you rank in the search results. Pay attention to details such as:
- Word count
- What is the content of the article?
- The layout of the web page
How to Determine the Number of Backlinks Required
The next step is to assess the ranking content’s backlink profile. With Linkody’s backlink checker, it’s easy to do this assessment for free. A backlink checker reveals how many backlinks and referring domains point to a URL.
For example, say you are working on building links for a trades finder service. You want to know the strength of the profile and how many are .GOV links. For this example, let’s look at the Linkody report on Rated People, a UK trades finder service.
As you can see, the backlink profile looks good and the domain rating is high. Though, you can see that there is a lack of .GOV links and you can start a campaign to build these links.
How to choose the best sites for your campaign
We assessed backlink quality using SEO metrics such as Domain Rating. The following are some SEO metrics to consider when shortlisting sites for a guest post campaign:
- Domain Rating: This metric from AHREFs shows the strength of a target domain’s backlink profile. Sites having authority figures of 40+ should be targeted.
- Traffic: Target sites with at least 3,000 monthly visitors. Use tools like Neil Patel’s traffic checker to see the number of monthly visits.
- Trust Flow: This important metric from Majestic SEO adds to the AHREFs metric by assessing the quality of the links. Choose sites that have a Trust Flow of 15 or more.
- Relevancy: A site that is both relevant and in your niche
- Traffic: What is the source of most search visitors? Are they coming from Google? Social media?
This quick checklist will assist you in avoiding low-quality backlinks that may affect your SEO.
With knowledge on the type of connections you’re searching for, you can look for appropriate sites for your guest post-campaign. Here’s how to do it:
- Pick one of the most popular sites in your niche.
- Use Linkody to look for their domain once more.
- Export the list of referring domains.
- Discard any sites that have a domain rating that fall below your minimal criterion. The best strategy is to eliminate any site with an Authority of 90 or above, as guest articles on these sites are difficult to land.
- Then filter the sites based on the metrics.
The ideal guest post
Your pitch is one of the most critical aspects of getting a guest post. Your pitch should be brief and focused on three points:
- Who you are.
- What you are seeking for.
- What you can offer to them.
Tips for coming up with guest post ideas
The first step is to review the subjects covered by the target blogs.
Then, using a program like Keywords Everywhere, you may look for keywords that are related to your niche. This tool is fantastic, since it offers you a list of relevant search terms that attracts many people.
Another strategy is to generate ideas for themes based on what people post on social media. An excellent resource you can use for this is Buzzsumo. This tool collects social media engagement for a topic across major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
Create your guest post
It is a far smoother process to write a guest post if you’re well-versed in your topic. However, you should always keep the following things in mind:
- Read the blog’s style guide to learn how the editor works.
- Only include links that are related to the article and offer value.
One of the most effective techniques to boost your search results and gain authority in your area is to write guest articles for authority websites in your niche and provide audiences with useful information that answers their questions.