The practice of traditional PR strategically builds a relationship between a business and their publics.
Digital PR takes that approach to the web as a focus by building relationships with key influential bloggers, journalists and top news sites.
The relationship is done through outreach to the editors of influential sites to negotiate a link to your web site.
This taps you into a fresh audience already attracted by the influence of the site pitched.
Content is used to create the link either from a guest post such as a news article or general blog post, or from a link added to the influencer site homepage or an already published article.
The result is increased online presence by tapping into targeted audiences.
- A finance company gets their new insurance packages mentioned in a top insurance news site.
- A startup web design service gets a mention on a popular web design tutorials blog.
- A new movie trailer gets mentioned in a review on a high traffic movie news blog.
- A game development brand gets their new console game mentioned in a well known and trusted game review magazine
- A plumber gets his or her business mentioned on a high traffic home services site.
You get the idea.